Approximately a quarter of a mile further on towards Bathgate from Livingston North is the site of the original Livingston station, seen here in July 2007 during renewal of the freight line. The old station began life as Livingston on 12 November 1849, underwent a name change to Livingstone in 1875, then back to Livingston in 1925, with final closure coming in 1948.
Location: Livingston [1st]
Company: Edinburgh and Bathgate Railway
Photographer: James Young
Make contact: James Young
Image number: 20079Tags: Airdrie - Bathgate re-opening