A 158 service to Newcraighall just after leaving the platform at Bathgate on 31 July passes the old Bathgate shed (64F) standing in the area between the line and the A89 Edinburgh Road. The shed was opened as a replacement in 1954 (its predecessor having succumbed to subsidence) and was operational for only 12 years. The building is due for demolition in the near future, as it stands on part of the site currently designated for the new Bathgate station and car park.
Location: Bathgate Shed
Company: Edinburgh and Bathgate Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Contact photographer: John Furnevel
Image number: 20076Tags: Airdrie - Bathgate re-opening