Hawthorn Fireless 0-6-0F Huncoat No.3 propels loaded 16T coal wagons into one of the tipplers in the Huncoat Power Station exchange sidings in 1975, a task it must have done innumerable times in the years since the station opened in 1956. The tyres on the loco look very worn but it continued in service for several more years. The power station closed in 1984.
Location: Huncoat Power Station
Photographer: Mark Bartlett
Make contact: Mark Bartlett
Image number: 20559