A station with a short life, the seldom photographed East Pilton was opened as East Pilton Halt by the LMS in 1934, alongside the large Bruce Peebles engineering works. Halt was officially dropped from the name 4 years later. Closure came in the Spring of 1962. The photograph, taken in 1986, shows the surviving components of the waiting shelter that stood on the Leith bound platform.
Location: East Pilton
Photographer: David Panton
Contact photographer: David Panton
Image number: 20395