Heading north along the C&O approaching the remains of Glenoglehead Crossing on 14 May 2008. This station was opened in 1870 as Killin, despite being a considerable distance from the town (or anywhere else for that matter), but was renamed Glenoglehead in 1886 when the direct route to Killin opened. The station was officially closed in December 1916, although it had ceased to be used for regular scheduled services as long ago as September 1891 at which point the suffix Crossing had been appended.
Location: Glenoglehead Crossing
Company: Callander and Oban Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Make contact: John Furnevel
Image number: 19052