Stairway on the west side of Balquhidder station alongside the A84 looking south towards Callander in May 2008. The former passenger subway can be seen on the left at the base of the steps. Originally opened by the C&O as Lochearnhead in 1870, it was renamed on the opening of the Comrie, St Fillans & Lochearnhead station in 1904. The station was subsequently relocated slightly further south to its current position the following year in order to accomodate the junction with the new line.
Location: Balquhidder [2nd]
Company: Callander and Oban Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Make contact: John Furnevel
Image number: 19195