The north side of Manors station in 1982, showing the remains of through platforms 1 & 2 and bays 3-5. In the foreground is part of the long wooden footbridge that provided a link to the stations east platforms at that time. The new blockhouse building in the right background is the Tyne & Wear Metro and beyond that are the remains of New Bridge Street goods depot (originally Picton Street), former terminus of the Blyth & Tyne Railway, replaced in 1909 by Manors (North) on the extension to the junction with the ECML.
Company: North Eastern Railway
Photographer: Colin Alexander
Contact photographer: Colin Alexander
Image number: 18935