Opened as Kirknewton in February 1848 the station was renamed Midcalder and Kirknewton after 2 months, before becoming Midcalder in 1855. The full circle was finally completed 127 years later in May 1982 when the name reverted to Kirknewton. The station is shown here in October 1985 when still staffed.
Company: Caledonian Railway
Photographer: David Panton
Contact photographer: David Panton
Image number: 18315