The two stations serving Clackmannan were often referred to as North (S&D) and South (Kincardine line). The north station was opened as Clackmannan in 1850, renamed Clackmannan Road in 1893 and, following temporary closure from 1917 to 1919, closed for good in 1921. The south station opened as Clackmannan & Kennet in 1893 with closure coming in 1930. Nothing remains of the north station which is now part of a walkway, although recent clearance work on overgrown areas alongside the trackbed revealed part of a former loading bank at the east end of the site to the north of the line, seen looking northwest on 28 February.
Location: Clackmannan Road
Company: Stirling and Dunfermline Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Contact photographer: John Furnevel
Image number: 18216