The only Scottish station on the Border Counties line was Saughtree, around 2 miles north of the border, seen looking back towards Deadwater on 5 November 2007. Restoration work, including some relaying of track, has taken place here since closure in 1956, plus the arrival of a diesel locomotive and wagons. From here the line ran south west to skirt Saughtree Fell, before turning north again to reach Riccarton Junction.
Company: Border Counties Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Make contact: John Furnevel
Image number: 17752