A Manson Class 336 departing St Enoch as LMS No 14217. This locomotive was built for the Glasgow and South Western Railway in 1899 as engine No 350, (later renumbered No 364/19). One of J Mansons (G&SW chief engineer at the time) Greenock Bogies, so called because it was built for the steep grades of the G&SW line to Greenock Princes Pier. Photo is undated, but likely to have been taken in the late 1920s or early 1930s as the engine was withdrawn in 1932, suffering the same fate as many G&SW engines of the period and being scrapped as non standard. Photograph taken by A C Roberts.
Location: Glasgow St Enoch
Company: City Of Glasgow Union Railway
Photographer: Graham Morgan Collection
Contact photographer: Graham Morgan Collection
Image number: 17390