A strike on the Southern rail network has been suspended to allow fresh talks in the row over the role of conductors, Acas said. Industrial action on Thursday and Friday has been called off for negotiations to resume. RMT members began a five-day walk out on Monday but Southern said it was encouraged its offer of talks had been accepted. Union chief Mick Cash said he had contacted Southern with a way forward. A spokesman for Southern said: 'For our passengers' sake, we truly hope these talks will be productive and bring this long-running dispute to an end.'
A strike on the Southern rail network is called off to allow fresh talks in the row over the role of conductors, Acas says.