Opened on the Fortrose Branch (Highland Railway).
Redcastle station was a one platform station with a large timber station building. The platform was on the north side of the line.
There was a goods yard at the east end, approached from the west serving a loading bank. A goods shed was reached by reversal.
The station closed to passengers in 1951 and the line closed in 1960.
The former station is over a mile north of Redcastle itself.
The station is in an excellent state of preservation. It houses a post office and is a centre of the charity Nansen Highland , associated with the explorer Fridtjof Nansen.
Railway cottages also survive.
Muir of Ord
Other railway and industry locations
Muir of Ord Shed
Bunchrew Gravel Pit
Conon Bridge Viaduct
Clachnaharry Swing Bridge
Sir Hector MacDonald Monument
South Kessock Pier
Merkinch Local Nature Reserve
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|