Prestongrange Colliery (1874-1962)
This was a colliery close to the south bank of the Firth of Forth.
The colliery provided coal for many including, before it was re-sunk in 1874, the incline engines for the Dundee and Newtyle Railway at Law Incline, Balbeuchly Incline and Hatton Incline.
The site is now the Prestongrange Industrial Heritage Museum noted particularly for its beam engine.
Seton Mains Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Morrison^s Haven Junction
North Field Colliery
Cockenzie Power Station
Prestongrange Industrial Heritage Museum
Preston Market Cross
Colonel Gardiner^s Monument
Inveresk Lodge Garden
Battle of Prestonpans
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|