This colliery was west of Pencaitland station and village. It was opened by the Woodhall Coal Company and was also known as Woodhall Colliery or Tyneholm Colliery.
The colliery was on the south side of the Gifford and Garvald Light Railway with a siding, serving a long platform, approached from the east. The line crossed the A6093 to the immediate north west.
The pit closed in 1944. This portion of the line closed in 1965.
The trackbed of the railway is now a footpath. Gates in the style of level crossing gates warn cyclists of the main road. A signal post has been erected on the north side of the crossing. The pit's platform remains can be found.
Seton Mains Halt
| Brander's Workshop Siding|
Ormiston Station Colliery
Winton Mine (Sebastapoll?)
Ormiston Market Cross
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Haddington, Macmerry and Gifford Branch Lines (Oakwood Library of Railway History)