Peebles [CR] (1864-1950)
Peebles West (1950-1950)
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a large terminus with a single platform and timber trainshed. An engine shed existed to the west of the site and Peebles Goods [CR] (which was enlarged around 1900) to the south of the passenger station. A Galashiels, Innerleithen and Peebles Railway (North British Railway) link to Peebles [NB] made an end-on connection at the east end.
Closure to passengers came in 1950 and the line west from the station to Broughton closed in 1954 after which the goods facilities were re-named Peebles West. Access was then from the NB station until closure in 1959.
Other railway and industry locations
Peebles CR and NBR Junction
Peebles West Goods
Peebles Shed [CR]
Peebles Tweed Viaduct
March Street Mills
Peebles Shed [NB]
Peebles Gasworks [Eshiels]
Cross Kirk Peebles
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|07/06/1954||Symington, Biggar and Broughton Railway|
Peebles West to Broughton [2nd] (excluded) closed.