This pier is on the east side of Oban Bay. It is close to Oban Distillery.
Until the arrival of the Callander and Oban Railway at Oban in 1880 this was the principal pier in the town. Having been joined by Oban Station Pier this led to many years of services leaving from either pier which persists, in a lesser form, today. Today Caledonian MacBrayne ferries leave from the station pier and slip.
The pier has been redeveloped and buildings replaced but a centrally placed brick and stone entrance archway, dated 1927 and topped with a clock, remains.
There are restaurants, with large glass windows overlooking Oban Bay and the offices of Visit Scotland - Oban .
Small craft depart to several destinations.
Falls of Cruachan
| Oban Hills Hydropathic Sanatorium|
Oban Oil Depot Ground Frame
Oban War and Peace Museum
Oban Station Pier
Northern Lighthouse Board Pier
St Columba's Cathedral
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|