North Wylam (1876-1968)
Opened on the Scotswood, Newburn and Wylam Railway.
This was a two platform station on a now closed double track railway. The station was in Wylam itself, unlike Wylam station which was to the south over the River Tyne.
The station was built in 1876 on a new section of line built from Wylam to West Wylam Junction when the Wylam Waggonway was converted into a railway as the Scotswood, Newburn and Wylam Railway. West of the station the waggonway had taken an alignment further to the south and the goods yard was on this alignment. The Wylam Iron Works was north west of the station.
The goods yard was east of the station, south of the line and approached from the east.
Stephenson's Cottage is east of the former station.
The line closed in 1968.
The site of the goods station is now a car park. The platforms were just to the north, now a grassy area.
Other railway and industry locations
Wylam Iron Works
Wylam Colliery (Haugh Pit)
Wylam Colliery (Ann Pit)
West Wylam Junction
Clara Vale Colliery
West Wylam Colliery
Prudhoe Chemical Works
Heddon Colliery (King Pit)
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|