This was a two platform station with the main building on the Kilmarnock bound platform.
There was a goods yard on the north side, approached from the north west. Access to the yard was by a reversing spur, reversing from the Kilmarnock platform. The signal box was to the north of the goods yard turnout.
The station was opened in 1878, some time after the line which opened in 1843.
Before the station opened there was a tramway to the west, on the east side of Lugton Water, connecting the line to the Ardrossan Railway via Fergushill. This ran south from Fergushill Siding.
To the east of the station was the trackbed of a former Ardrossan and Johnstone Railway branch, closed around the time the newer line opened.
Montgreenan, the village, is to the south west and Montgreenan House is to the north.
Platforms were removed after closure to passengers in 1955. The box survived until the end, the line closed in 1973.
The station site is now a house (the former station building) and garden (the goods yard).
Bogside Moor Halt
Irvine Bank Street
Dalry Junction [Station]
Fergushill Colliery Pit No 19
Fergushill Colliery Pit No 20
Doura Pit Siding
Holm coal Pit No 23
Clonbeith Branch Junction
Fergushill Colliery Pit No 22
Moncur Pit No 12
Fergushill Pit No 17
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|