Lancaster Castle (1846-1969)
Opened on the Lancaster and Carlisle Railway.
Opened on the Glasson Dock Branch (London and North Western Railway).
This is a five platform station.
Platforms 1 and 2 are bay at the north end on the west side of the line, platforms 3 and 4 are the main through platforms (with four tracks between them) and platform 5 is the other side of the island formed with platform 4. All platforms are electrified.
Originally also known as Lancaster New Bailey. The station replaced Lancaster [1st] (now known as Lancaster Greaves).
The castle, Lancaster Castle [Castle], is to the north east.
Lancaster Green Ayre
Morecambe Euston Road
Middleton Road Bridge Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Lancaster Old Junction
Ladies Walk Siding
Lancaster (Carriage and Wagon Works)
Morecambe South Junction
Torrisholme East Junction
Bare Lane Junction
Torrisholme West Junction
Euston Road Station Junction
Hest Bank Junction
Lancaster Castle [Castle]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The Lake Counties v. 14 (Regional Railway History)
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways