Hamilton Junction (1849-)
Opened on the Hamilton Branch (Caledonian Railway).
Opened on the Clydesdale Junction Railway.
This junction is immediately east of Newton station. Here the Hamilton Branch (Caledonian Railway) separates from the Clydesdale Junction Railway and heads south east to Hamilton.
The junction was remodelled when the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway reached Newton, with an additional two platforms and lines being added to the north of the existing station and alterations to many of the sidings.
Mount Vernon North
Other railway and industry locations
Newton East Junction
Hallside Steel Works
Newton Kirkhill Junction
Clyde Nail Works
Newton West Junction
Newton Pit-Blantyreferme No 3 Colliery
Dechmont Briquette Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|