Glen Tarken Viaduct (1904-1951)
Opened on the Lochearnhead, St Fillans and Comrie Railway.
This was a single track viaduct with concrete abutments and a girder section, now missing. It crossed over the Glentarken Burn. Walkers will need to cross down to the roadway below to the south to continue.
To the east is Glentarken Wood Viaduct and to the west (much further on Glenbeich Viaduct.
Down below, on the shore of Loch Earn, is the Loch Earn Sailing Club .
Other railway and industry locations
Glen Tarken Viaduct
Glentarken Wood Viaduct
Tarken Viaduct West
Tarken Viaduct East
St Fillans Tunnel
Ardveich Wood Viaduct
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Branch Lines of Strathearn: Tourists, Tatties and Trains
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
The Railways of Upper Strathearn: Crieff - Balquhidder