Forfar Shed (1855-1964)
Opened on the Scottish Midland Junction Railway.
This was the second (much larger) shed at Forfar. It was located east of the station, north side of the line, approached from the east.
British Railways assigned the code 63C and sub shed Brechin Shed. In 1958/9 it became a sub shed of Perth South Shed.
The shed building still exists in an industrial estate.
Other railway and industry locations
Forfar North Junction
Forfar Shed [1st]
Station Linen Works
Canmore Jute Works
Forfar South Junction
Clocksbriggs Oil Depot
Clocksbriggs Oil Sidings
Bowman^s Level Crossing
Loch of Forfar
St Orland^s Stone
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Tayside's Last Days of Steam
|The Railways of Strathmore (Perth, Forfar and Brechin)|