Dundee East End Mineral Depot

Location type


Name and dates

Dundee East End Mineral Depot

Opened on the Trades Lane and Carolina Port Railway.


This large mineral depot was to the north of Dundee East station, on the north side of East Dock Street which was crossed by a level crossing. The yard was approached from the east.

The yard had a large fan of sidings, the northernmost of which was a headshunt for a second fan to the east. This headshunt continued west and south into the Dundee Foundry.

The connection to the main line was made east of Camperdown Junction, making a trailing connection. Opposite, on the south side of the line, was 'Dundee East No 2 Gates' box.

The box closed in 1939 when absorbed by Camperdown Junction box.

The mineral yard is closed and the site redeveloped.