Clayhills Yard (1908-)
Opened on the Aberdeen Joint (Caledonian Railway).
These carriage sidings were developed on the west side of Aberdeen Joint, at its south end, access from Denburn South Junction. The sidings date from around the 1908 reconstruction of Aberdeen Joint and these sidings replaced earlier, much shorter, sidings on a similar site.
Entry was controlled by a short lived signal box 'Clayhills Sidings' (1908-1914) which was subsumed by Denburn South Junction box in 1914.
The sidings remain open today. In addition to the carriage sidings there is a train washer, shed and fueling road.
To the west was Clayhills, literally a clay hill with a brick works.
Aberdeen Guild Street
Bridge of Don
Other railway and industry locations
Aberdeen South Signal Box
Aberdeen Signalling Centre
Aberdeen Jamieson^s Quay
Aberdeen Regent Bridge
Aberdeen Albert Quay
Aberdeen Blaikie^s Quay
Aberdeen Regent Quay
Aberdeen Waterloo Quay
Aberdeen Albert Basin
Aberdeen Victoria Dock
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|