Opened on the Scottish Midland Junction Railway.
This was a two platform station with a small goods yard to the west, on the north side of the line and accessed from the east.
The station was east of Cargill Viaduct. The main station building was on the eastbound platform, a waiting room was on the westbound. The signal box was at the east end of the westbound platform.
The station closed in 1956 but the box remained open until 1966. The line closed to passengers and was subsequently singled in 1967. It closed to goods, and thus completely, in 1982.
The station building still stands, now in use as a house. The site is a caravan park with self catering accommodation Beech Hedge Caravan Park .
Stormont Loch Halt
Washington [N and CAR]
Other railway and industry locations
Inchtuthil Legionary Fortress
Ardler West Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Tayside's Last Days of Steam
|The Railways of Strathmore (Perth, Forfar and Brechin)|