Carberry Colliery Pits Nos 2 and 3 (1866-1960)
Served by the Macmerry Branch (North British Railway).
Opened by Deans and Moore. In 1900 the Edinburgh Collieries Company rebuilt the colliery, abandoning pit no 1 and opening no 3.
No 1 was probably Deans Pit, a short distance to the south west of the later colliery.
The colliery was served by a short branch from Smeaton.
Other railway and industry locations
Dalkeith Colliery Nos 1,2 and 3
Dalkeith Colliery Pit No 9
Blue Circle Cement Cousland
Wallyford Colliery Pit No 3
Wallyford Brick Works
Dalkeith Pits Nos 5 and 9
Wallyford Colliery Pit No 1
Inveresk Lodge Garden
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Edinburgh's Railways
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Haddington, Macmerry and Gifford Branch Lines (Oakwood Library of Railway History)