Burghlee Colliery (1860-1964)
Served by the Edinburgh, Loanhead and Roslin Railway.
This colliery was south of Loanhead station, just west of Bilston Glen Viaduct.
It was opened by the Shotts Iron Company.
It was closed on the opening of Bilston Glen Colliery, just to the west and served by an extension of the Burghlee Colliery branch.
Rosewell and Hawthornden
Rosslynlee Hospital Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Bilston Glen Viaduct
Burghlee Ground Frame
Bilston Glen Colliery
Edgefield Weighs Cabin
Straiton Oil Works
Pentland Oil Works
Eldin Chemical Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Edinburgh's Railways
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
The Glencorse Branch (Locomotion Papers)