Opened on the Castle Douglas and Dumfries Railway.
This station was also known as Buittle Mill, Buittle Halt and Buittle Mill Halt. It opened shortly after the line. It had a station building on a single platform and a siding. Services were limited calling on Wednesdays only with one train each way.
The siding was closed in 1874. The line was doubled in 1894 and station closed and demolished. Surfacemens' cottages were located south of the line at the station site but are now gone.
The station was directly east of a now removed bridge over a minor road south of Milton of Buittle.
Castle Douglas (St Andrews Street)
Bridge of Dee
Other railway and industry locations
Kirkgunzeon Lane Viaduct
Southwick Ammunition Factory
Castle Douglas Shed
Southwick Factory Siding
River Dee Viaduct [East]
River Dee Viaduct [West]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|