Brinkburn Halt (1948-1952)
Opened on the Northumberland Central Railway.
This was a single platform station, with the platform on the east side of the line. The date of the change of station to a halt in unclear. Brinkburn is a parish, Brinkburn Priory is around three miles away by road to the east.
The station building had a single storey. To the north of this on the platform was a lever cabin and goods hut. A railway cottage, which still stands, was to the south of the station building.
The station goods yard was on the east side of the line, approached from the north. Initially a single siding and later two.
A former pillbox, part of the Coquet Stop Line (one of several lines of pillboxes erected in the Second World War, this one followed the River Coquet), is on the east side of the site.
Other railway and industry locations
Whitehouse Lime Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
North British Railway in Northumberland, The
The Northumberland Central Railway
|The Rothbury Branch (Locomotion Papers)|