RAILSCOT Logo
A History of Britain’s Railways
Search: 

Photographs of Polmadie
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Forward
Polmadie Shed:
Interior of new class 334 at Polmadie Depot Open Day.

ScotRail 
Jeffray Wotherspoon [//] Ref: 151


Polmadie Shed:
Aerial view of Polmadie Depot looking east.

Polloc and Govan Railway 
Ewan Crawford [//] Ref: 7256


Polmadie Shed:
Polmadie depot seen from the west.

Polloc and Govan Railway 
Ewan Crawford [//] Ref: 764


Name:
Polmadie Shed (1875-1967)
Type: Loco shed


This was an important single ended shed with 16 roads, approached from the east. It was located north of the former Polloc and Govan Railway.

British Railways assigned the code 66A with sub sheds Motherwell Shed and Paisley St James Shed.

After closure in 1967 the site was redeveloped as a diesel and electric traction maintenance depot.

Nearby stations
Crosshill
Gushetfaulds
South Side [CR]
South Side [GB and NDR]
Gorbals
Dalmarnock
Main Street Gorbals
Bridgeton [1st] no this is the 1861 one
Bridgeton
Dalmarnock High Level
Queens Park
Glasgow Green
Bridgeton [Central]
Mount Florida
Eglinton Street

Nearby stations
Polmadie Depot
North British Locomotive Works (Queens Park)
Mallsmire Firebrick Works
Govan Colliery Pit No 5
Gushetfaulds Junction
Colliery Works
Govan Coal work
Govan Colliery Pit No 6
Central Station Junction
Govan Iron Works
Shawfield Chemical Works
Rutherglen Pottery
Larkfield Junction
Dalmarnock Powerstation
Gushetfaulds Carriage Sheds and Sidings







Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (1) in /var/www/html/locationnew.php on line 1124