A History of Britain's Railways
Go to the RAILSCOT home page.
Search:
HOME NEWS ON THIS DAY ARTICLES SLIDESHOWS MAPS COMPANIES SITEMAP ALERTS
Forth - Clyde Valley

All > World > Europe and Scandanavia > Great Britain > Scotland > Forth - Clyde Valley

Lines between Edinburgh and Glasgow.

    
There are 8 pages of railways in this region.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Forward

Addiewell Branch (North British Railway)


J36 0-6-0 no 65346 of Bathgate shed shunting the sidings at Addiewell in 1961. This short goods branch was opened by the NB in 1869 to serve Addiewell Oil Works and finally closed in 1963. Little remains of this scene today (2012) although, while Livingstone Street (running across the centre ... [Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven)]
Addiewell Loop

Alloa Railway


View south west across the Forth towards Throsk in April 2006 showing the surviving piers of the old swing bridge. The line closed in 1970. [John Furnevel]
Alloa Waggonway
Almond Valley Museum

Alva Railway


Share certificate issued by the Alva Railway Company dated 1 June 1864. [Ian Dinmore]

Bainsford Branch (Caledonian Railway)


The disused line to the British Aluminium Company, Falkirk, with the works dominating the view on 20 March 1992. The last of the buildings alongside David's Loan was demolished in autumn 2006. An ASDA distribution depot now occupies much of the site. [Bill Roberton]

List of locations in this area

Addiewell NB Addiewell Oil Works Alloa (Caledonian) Alloa Swing Bridge Alva 

Falkirk BAC 

Glenochil Colliery Branch Ground Frame Glenochil Pit 

Longcarse Junction 

Menstrie and Glenochil 

Plates, signs and notices 

RNAD Bandeath 

Stoneyburn (by Addiewell) 

Throsk Tullibody