Hawick [2nd]

Another photograph showing A1 Pacific no 60152 Holyrood with the summer Saturday 0950 Edinburgh - Sheffield (on this occasion extended to St Pancras) heading south from Hawick in July 1959. The train has just crossed the River Teviot after leaving the station, emerging from behind the west end of Duke Street on the extreme right and passing the abandoned pens of Oliver's Auction Mart. The spire of St Andrews Church on North Bridge Street stands in the left background. See image 23300

Location: Hawick [2nd]

Company: Edinburgh and Hawick Railway (North British Railway)

Photographer: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)

Make contact: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)

Date: 11/07/1959

Image number: 67055


Other photographs of Hawick [2nd] on RailScot