The Leeds Northern Railway's Northallerton Town station was closed in 1856, a mere 4 years after opening. The building is seen here looking south west across the High Street in the summer of 2012, some 156 years after closure, being used as a showroom by 'Court Homemakers'. The direct line linking Northallerton and Tees-side still runs past the rear of the old building see image 39796.
Location: Northallerton Town
Company: Leeds Northern Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Make contact: John Furnevel
Image number: 67140