The Speyside Line ran from Craigellachie to Boat of Garten. It opened throughout in 1866 and closed throughout in 1968. It connected The Great North of Scotland Railway with the Highland Railway. There is much still to be seen even though almost fifty years have passed. In the picture the embankment that carried the railway towards Nethy Bridge, and the stone piers that supported a metal viaduct over the Spey are still extant in August 2018.
Location: Spey Viaduct [Broomhill]
Company: Strathspey Railway
Photographer: John Gray
Make contact: John Gray
Image number: 65273