1910 OS map extract of the Knott End Railway's Garstang Town station, then on the outskirts of the town. The layout includes the island platform, goods shed carriage sheds and also the engine shed of this independent railway, later the smallest constituent of the LMS. The station closed to passengers in 1930 and to goods in 1965. The station site was later cleared for housing but before that happened the engine shed was dismantled and later re-erected less than half a mile away at a local hauliers depot See image 60593. Added by Mark Bartlett. Reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland http://maps.nls.uk/index.html.
Location: Garstang Town
Company: Garstang and Knot End Railway
Photographer: National Library of Scotland
Contact photographer: National Library of Scotland
Image number: 60594