A Halt was constructed at Crossgatehall, East Lothian, by the NB in 1913 to serve the nearby village of Cousland. Located in the Lothian coalfield between Smeaton Junction and Ormiston. The station lasted a mere 17 years, closing in September 1930. The bridge that carried the road over the formation still survives and stands at the centre of a crossroads, now controlled by traffic lights. View is north across the station site in April 2017, with the remains (if any) located below. One of those occasions where the word 'overgrown' seems somehow inadequate.
Location: Crossgatehall Halt
Photographer: John Furnevel
Contact photographer: John Furnevel
Image number: 58968