A Glasgow Queen Street – Edinburgh Waverley service runs east through the remains of the E&G's Ratho station (closed 1951) following a fall of snow in March 2006. Beyond the fence stood Ratho Low Level station, from which a line ran to Dalmeny South Junction via Kirkliston. This line lost its passenger service in 1930, although continued in use for freight traffic until 1966. The old station area and yard later became a works site for the Airdrie – Bathgate project, completed in 2010 see image 21593.
Company: Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Make contact: John Furnevel
Image number: 58187