Remains of the railway bridge that once carried the Moffat branch over the A701 on its one and a half mile journey from the junction with the WCML north of Beattock. Moffat station closed to passengers in 1954, with the branch closing completely 10 years later. View is south towards Beattock on 27 July 2016. The last passenger train to cross the bridge was the SLS Easter Railtour of 29 March 1964 see image 30082.
Company: Moffat Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Contact photographer: John Furnevel
Image number: 56029