Lasswade Viaduct

Never looks quite the same twice. The valley of the North Esk and a small section of Lasswade Viaduct. The 1867 viaduct, designed by Thomas Bouch, once carried the Polton branch, which closed to passengers in 1951 and to all traffic in 1964. Photographed mid morning on 9 October 2014 looking north, with Autumn starting to make its mark on the landscape.

Location: Lasswade Viaduct

Company: Esk Valley Railway

Photographer: John Furnevel

Make contact: John Furnevel

Date: 09/10/2014

Image number: 49028


Other photographs of Lasswade Viaduct on RailScot