Brush Type 4 No 1765 eases the 13.58 Bathgate Upper to Ripple Lane empty Cartic 4s onto the Monktonall Junction line at Niddrie West in April 1970. Standing on the left is BR Sulzer Type 2 No 5067, the section ahead no doubt being occupied by another train - by 1970, the next open signalbox on the Sub was Morningside Road.
Location: Niddrie West Junction
Company: Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway
Photographer: Bill Jamieson
Contact photographer: Bill Jamieson
Image number: 42299