Hawkhead Oil Siding

The 14.08 Glasgow Central - Paisley Canal service passing through the site of the original G&SWR Hawkhead station (1894-1966) see image 20008 to reach the 1991 version located on the the other side of the bridge carrying Hawkhead Road. On the right are the out of use oil sidings previously used to supply aviation fuel via pipeline to Glasgow Airport. Taken on 28 September 2012 with preparatory work now underway for the forthcoming electrification of the branch.

Location: Hawkhead Oil Siding

Company: Paisley Canal Line (Glasgow and South Western Railway)

Photographer: John Furnevel

Make contact: John Furnevel

Date: 28/09/2012

Image number: 40700


Other photographs of Hawkhead Oil Siding on RailScot