Shortly after leaving Northallerton station on 9 July, the 11.35 Manchester Airport - Middlesbrough has turned north east onto the former Leeds Northern route heading for Teesside. The train is about to run over Low Gates level crossing on the busy A167, with the town's High Street off to the left. The kitchen showroom on the up side was once Northallerton Town station, opened by the Leeds Northern Railway in June 1852 and closed less than 4 years later on 1 January 1856 when a spur was opened via the ECML station.
Location: Northallerton Town
Company: Leeds Northern Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Make contact: John Furnevel
Image number: 39796