Weston-super-Mare Locking Road

City of Truro on an exhibition train at Weston-super-Mare, Locking Road, in 1961. Locking Road was a 4-platform station, opened in 1866 as 'Weston Super Mare Excursion Platform' until the name change in 1930. It was roughly on the site of the original terminus, built when Weston was served by a horse-drawn spur (until the loop was built in 1884). Locking Road closed in September 1964.

Location: Weston-super-Mare Locking Road

Company: Great Western Railway

Photographer: John Thorn

Make contact: John Thorn

Date: 1961

Image number: 36588


Other photographs of Weston-super-Mare Locking Road on RailScot