St Andrews [2nd]

The western approach to St Andrews station seen from a DMU in the early summer of 1967, two years before the line's closure. This was the second St Andrews station with the first, a short distance north west of here, replaced in 1887 when the line from Leuchars was extended south. Buses are visible at the top of Station Road with the spire of Hope Park Church beyond. For the same view 44 years later see image 34391

Location: St Andrews [2nd]

Company: St Andrews Junction Line (North British Railway)

Photographer: Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven)

Contact photographer: Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven)

Contact editor

Date: 1967

Image number: 34565


Other photographs of St Andrews [2nd] on RailScot