Glasgow Green

The shored-up facade of Glasgow Green station photographed on 13 April 2011.  The station, which closed in 1953, was in a gap between tunnels so the white-tiled remains at platform level can easily be seen from a passing train on the Argyle Line today.  Glasgow Green is now served by Bridgeton station less than half a mile upline.  The rather understated building in the background here is the former Templeton's carpet factory. See image 50115

Location: Glasgow Green

Company: Glasgow Central Railway

Photographer: David Panton

Make contact: David Panton

Date: 13/04/2011

Image number: 33694


Other photographs of Glasgow Green on RailScot