Ex-LNER D49 4-4-0 no 62719 Peebles-Shire stands at Hawick on 22 August 1959 waiting to take out the noon service for Edinburgh Waverley. The Shire survived in service until the end of that year, being officially withdrawn from Hawick shed on 1 January 1960 and cut up at Darlington Works later the same month.
Location: Hawick [2nd]
Photographer: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Make contact: Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney)
Image number: 25948