The 5-car 0918 Inverness - Glasgow Queen Street train passing the overgrown site of Woodilee Hospital on 15 March 2009, with Lenzie station in the distance. Originally opened as The Barony Parochial Asylum in 1875, by the time it became a Glasgow Corporation Hospital in 1930 it accommodated 1,250 patients. Woodilee closed its doors for the last time in 2001.
Company: Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway
Photographer: Brian Forbes
Make contact: Brian Forbes
Image number: 22865