On leaving North Leith, the EL&G line entered a tunnel running under Coburg Street, emerging alongside the Water of Leith and the first stop at Junction Bridge (renamed from Junction Road in 1923). The north end of the tunnel, seen here from the station site in March 2009, has been bricked up and a play area formed, with stone steps now installed to provide a link across to Coburg Street.
Location: North Leith
Company: Edinburgh, Leith and Granton Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Make contact: John Furnevel
Image number: 22862