document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('


Looking east along the Winchburgh Loop towards Dalmeny Junction in April 1972, with Winchburgh Junction behind the camera and the trackbed of Myre Siding to the right of the running lines. The few cottages in the middle distance constitute Myre itself. [Ref query 7596]
Bill Jamieson [/04/1972]


Scene at Winchburgh Junction on 14 May 1978, with 27 204 leading a diverted E&G service past the signal box. The main line was being resignalled (closed with a possession) between Saughton and Winchburgh and trains were being diverted via a reversal at Dalmeny.

Bill Roberton [14/05/1978]


Looking west over Winchburgh Junction from the high ground in the fork of the E&G and the Winchburgh Loop lines in the spring of 1972. The trackbed of the Myre Siding in the foreground has enabled the signalman to get to work in what looks to be some variant of the BMC 1100/1300. Interestingly there had at one time been a mineral line (described on the OS as a ^tramway^) at the top of the cutting on the right; this had served Craigton Quarry.
Bill Jamieson [/04/1972]
All photographs of Winchburgh Junction
');